Wednesday, October 6, 2010

" I can depend upon Matt to make sure that this area is not forgotten in Augusta..."

Thank you to Ron McHugh, Executive Director of Oxford County Mental Health Services, for the following letter that appeared in this week's issue of the Rumford Falls Times:

I am writing on behalf of Rep. Matt Peterson’s campaign to represent this District again in Augusta. I have resided in Rumford for 10 years and I manage Oxford County Mental Health Services, located at 150 Congress Street in Rumford.

I first met Matt Peterson five years ago when the Jane deFrees Health Center was being built. I needed someone to re-assure me that this facility was barrier free for people with disabilities and Alpha-1 sent Matt Peterson to evaluate the Health Center. From the moment I met him, he impressed me with his genuine and deeply felt concern for the people of this area.

Since Matt’s election two years ago, I have depended upon him to help preserve and promote the services this agency provides and the almost 50 jobs at stake. He has never let me or my agency down. He always returns phone calls and he has worked hard in many different ways to promote this area of Maine. He is in touch with our concerns. Whenever I had to deal with key decision makers in Augusta, I thankfully could always depend on Matt Peterson being in my corner to preserve and improve the services we offer to the people in this area and throughout Oxford County.

Last year, Matt Peterson played a very important role in advocating for our fair share of health care funding. Sometimes, Oxford County is not at the top of the priority list in Augusta but because of his efforts, this agency received an increase of about $125,000 for expanded health care services for the Rumford area.

I know that Matt Peterson will continue his dedicated work on our behalf. These are tough times and we will face tough decisions. Matt is a dedicated and creative guy who finds solutions without raising our taxes. I can depend upon Matt to make sure that this area is not forgotten in Augusta and that our government is responsive and cost effective as we go forward.

I would urge everyone re-elect Matt Peterson in the upcoming election.


Ron McHugh, Rumford

No comments:

Post a Comment