Thursday, October 28, 2010

"He best embodies the spirit of his district."

Thank you to Cam Kaubris--MV's star Quarterback--for this great endorsement! Go Falcons!
>
>
I am a senior at Mountain Valley High School and I live in Rumford, Maine. I am a three sport athlete and a member of the National Honor Society. I am captain of both the Falcon football and basketball squads.

I have previously voted for Matt Peterson in the primary. At the time, I was only seventeen (17) years old, and I learned from my history teacher, Chris Carver, that as long as I was eighteen (18) by the time of the November elections, I could vote in the primaries. Needless to say, I was very excited. I had been waiting for quite some time now to take part in our nation’s governing process. I feel that it is important for all Maine’s citizens to get out and vote and to have a fair representation in Augusta.

As I scanned the ballot at the American Legion, I happened upon Matt Peterson’s name. I was glad to see that he was running for re-election. Mr. Peterson has done an excellent job as a representative for this area’s voters. He has all the qualities one would look for in a politician. He is thoughtful on all issues, he brings a common-sense approach to all of his decision making and most importantly, he best embodies the spirit of his district. He has an amazing ability to incorporate the views of both the youth as well as the elderly. He has also built relationships with leaders of both parties in order to benefit the constituents of the River Valley. That kind of talent and bipartisanship is rarely seen and is an often over looked strength of Mr. Peterson.

Matt Peterson has already accomplished a great deal and has overcome plenty of obstacles. I hope that voters take into account what he has done, and also the potential that he holds. Vote for Matt, he still has much that he can accomplish for us.

Cameron Kaubris
Rumford, Maine

No comments:

Post a Comment