Thursday, April 29, 2010

Roll Call Voting Percentage for the 124th

Last week the official Roll Call Voting Percentages for the 124th Maine Legislature were released. For the Second Regular Session of the term I had a 100% attendance record. My overall attendance record for the First and Second Regular Sessions combined was 96%. Unfortunately, during the First Regular Session I was absent during a day and a half in the six-month schedule and missed a few votes. The days I missed were during a trip to California to lobby a prominent promotions company to bring their business to our state as a part of the legislative initiative I sponsored to sanction mixed martial arts in Maine. It was worth missing those votes since during the trip I received a commitment directly from the company’s President that they would work hand-in-hand with us to bring their brand to Maine generating a potential for millions of dollars in new business revenues.

Two people rarely—if ever—align perfectly on every issue in life. Ideas and opinions are as varied as the constellation of bills that are brought forward by the thousands in almost every legislative session. I would never pretend that every single person in District 92 will agree with every vote I cast in the 124th Legislature. If that were the case, we wouldn’t be an independent and passionate part of the world. I intend to continue to show up for every vote -- because the River Valley deserves a strong voice for all the issues we face as a state.

One thing that almost all of us in the River Valley can agree on is working hard and remaining committed to a goal. When you sent me to Augusta, my goal was to show up every day and fight for the jobs and systems change we need in order to have a successful Western Maine way of life. I believe my attendance record reflects the consistency that I see all around me every day in the hard working men and women of our community, and I hope you feel the same way. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to represent our area in Augusta.

No comments:

Post a Comment